Contrary to conventional thermal sensors that only measure temperature of a certain point-of-contact, Grid-EYE, based on Panasonic’s MEMS technology, can measure temperature of the entire specified area without any contact; in other words, it is a “contact-less thermopile array sensor”. 64 pixels yield accurate temperature measurement over a viewing angle of 60° provided by a silicon lens. Grid-EYE uses an I²C communication interface, enabling temperature measurements at speeds of 1 or 10 frames/sec. An interrupt function is also available.
Some of the distinguishing product features are:
- Dimensions: 11.6 x 4.3 x 8.0mm (L x H x W)
- Operating voltage: 3.3V or 5.0V (depends on P/N)
- Temperature range of measuring object: -20°C to 100°C (depends on P/N)
- Field of view (FoV): 60°
- Number of pixels: 64 (vertical 8 x horizontal 8)
- External interface: I²C (fast mode)
- Frame rate: 10 frames/sec or 1 frame/sec
Where to buy?
You can purchase the Grid-Eye Sensor from our Distribution Partners:
- AS electronic
Distributor Contact Details