Panasonic’s Electric Double-Layer Capacitor (EDLC) are called ”Gold Capacitor”, which are also known as Ultracapacitor or Supercapacitor.
Gold Capacitor realize large capacitance by using activated carbon as an electrode.
The capacitance of Gold Capacitora are in the middle of Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors and Batteries. (It is 1000 or more times of Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor, but it is 1/10 or less of rechargeable Battery.) Gold Capacitor can be used as auxiliary power.
✔ Features of Gold Capacitor (Comparison with rechargeable
- Doesn't need charge control circuit and over-charging of a Gold Capacitor cannot occur.
- Full discharge possible.
- Very quick charging & discharging.
- Long life as there is no limit on the number charging and discharging cycles.
- RoHS compliant (Gold Capacitor isn’t affected by Recycle restrictions)
✔ Special Merit of Panasonic Gold Capacitor
- Guaranteeing a wide operating temperature range
All coin type series are guaranteed the working temperature of -40 degree Celsius and up to +85 degree Celsius.
- Usage of a high reliability electrolyte in our Gold Capacitors
Our original design electrolyte is highly anti-alkaline, non-hazardous and has no risk for accidental leakage.
- With the capacitance upgrade of our 85 degree, long lifetime coin type lineup